Monday, July 23, 2012

Watermelon Gin and Tonic

Just wrapped up a much anticipated weekend up north at the cabin with all of my best friends. The sun was out, the lake was beautiful, and I think my stomach is still sore from laughing so hard. One thing that is never in short supply while hanging out with my friends are the cocktails. I wanted to share this little gem with you because it is the quintessential summer drink. It's fruity and refreshing without being overly sweet and there really is nothing better than a juicy watermelon on a hot summer day. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



Watermelon Gin and Tonic {compliments of Courtney Blankenheim}


Ingredients
Gin
Tonic water
Wedge of lime
Watermelon slices
Sugar 


Here's How
1. Make watermelon puree. In a blender combine watermelon slices and about a tablespoon of sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you like your cocktails). Blend mixture until smooth and set aside. 
2. Add 1 (or two) shots of your favorite gin to a glass of ice. Top off glass with tonic water and a squeeze of lime. 
3. Pour one tablespoon of watermelon puree into drink and garnish with a slice of watermelon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment